The Cleveland Orchestra is looking for dynamic, creative individuals with the skills, knowledge, and experience to join our staff and support one of the world’s finest orchestral institutions. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package as well as providing the exceptional opportunity for you to contribute your talents and expertise.
To apply for any position posted below, except as noted, please email your résumé and letter of application in PDF to HR@clevelandorchestra.com, or you can fill out the Employment Application Form and return it to us by email or mail.
We invite you to join our team as we prepare to celebrate our centennial season with one of the world’s greatest cultural institutions!
The Cleveland Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Open Staff Positions
The General Manager is a member of the Senior Staff leadership team and has overall responsibility for management of the orchestra, orchestra personnel, negotiations, operations, production, touring, media projects, Music Director scheduling, event and facilities management. She/he leads multiple initiatives and collaborates with department staff and various constituencies both internal and external to the institution. The General Manager leads the efforts to ensure that operational excellence is consistent with The Cleveland Orchestra’s level of artistic excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in music or a related field and 7-10 years of experience performing similar work in an orchestra required.
- Strong managerial skills are essential, including demonstrated leadership ability and productively reacting to and resolving emergency situations.
- Outstanding organizational skills with proven ability to work effectively in a timely manner.
- High attention to detail with strong affinity for numbers and the ability to effective prepare and manage departmental budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, along with the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Strong problem-solving skills combined with a collaborative approach.
- Ability to prioritize projects and handle many details under pressure.
- Demonstrate independent, mature judgment; convey a professional image and attitude.
- Possess above-average proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet packages, e-mail and other software programs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Miami Development Manager
The Development Manager is a key staff member of the Cleveland Orchestra Miami and supports the overall fundraising objectives through the execution of strong internal procedures and communication about and implementation of activities necessary to achieve COM’s annual fundraising goals. This position serves as a liaison with Board members, institutional funders, and individual donors in Miami and the Cleveland Orchestra Philanthropy & Advancement team.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with 3-5 years of relatable work experience, with non-profit or fundraising experience preferred.
- Flexibility to successfully perform in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills needed to work in a complex and sophisticated fundraising environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal professionally and effectively with all levels of employees, Board members, and contracted service providers.
- Outstanding written communications skills.
- Ability to provide direction and assistance to third party contracted services (TeleFunding operations).
- Strong customer service, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail with exceptional accuracy.
- Demonstrated, above-average proficiency in Microsoft Office computer software programs and database systems.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends occasionally upon request.
Check out our 10th Anniversary video to see Cleveland Orchsetra Miami in action!
Concert and Events Associate Manager
The Cleveland Orchestra is seeking an experienced special events professional to join its team as Concert & Events Associate Manager. Working in tandem with the Concert & Events Manager, this position is responsible for planning and implementing the logistics and services required to support the internal and external events scheduled in Severance Hall and Blossom Music Center including facility needs, parking, catering, security, etc. to ensure an exceptional customer experience that will exceed expectations. This individual will work independently and in collaborative teams and must have excellent judgment, decision-making, and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or another related discipline.
- One to three years’ experience in performing arts and/or special event management required.
- Prior experience in working with catering services or food & beverage contractors highly desirable.
- Knowledge of and the ability to deliver excellent customer service that consistently exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to successfully interact with multiple constituencies and diverse groups of people.
- Ability to quickly assess and resolve conflict in a professional, diplomatic manner.
- Demonstrated independent, mature judgment; convey a professional image and attitude.
- Strong administrative, organizational, and detail-oriented skills.
- Obtain and maintain active First Aid, CPR, and AED certification. Ability to assess and calmly lead others in emergency situations.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and database management systems.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
Be an intern with TCO and get real-world experience with one of the world's leading orchestras!
The Cleveland Orchestra is looking for students who want to gain pratical, hands-on experience working with the Musical Arts Association. We accept interns on an "as needed' basis and applications are accepted at any time during the year. To be considered for an internship with The Musical Arts Association and The Cleveland Orchestra please contact the Human Resources Department for an application.