The Cleveland Orchestra is looking for dynamic, creative individuals with the skills, knowledge, and experience to join our staff and support one of the world’s finest orchestral institutions. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package as well as providing the exceptional opportunity for you to contribute your talents and expertise.
To apply for any position posted below, except as noted, please email your résumé and letter of application in PDF to HR@clevelandorchestra.com, or you can fill out the Employment Application Form and return it to us by email or mail.
The Cleveland Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Open Staff Positions
The Cleveland Orchestra is looking for an energetic, creative individual to fill the role of Artistic Administrator. The Artistic Administrator is responsible for the artistic planning and implementation of various Cleveland Orchestra, Blossom Music Festival and Severance Hall concerts and events, in collaboration with the artistic and operational staff. In addition, he/she will be responsible for collaborating on a variety of exciting artistic initiatives, guest artist appearances, and have budgetary and financial reporting duties.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in music or a related field required. Previous similar experience in a musical environment required.
- Strong familiarity with and passion for classical music (particularly symphonic repertoire) and working with performing artists.
- Excellent organizational skills and understanding of artistic administration.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and efficiently under pressure.
- High level of empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Willing and able to work long hours including evenings and weekends; attend concerts and events.
- Excellent computer skills including Windows and Microsoft Office program package.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals.
The Cleveland Orchestra is seeking a dynamic individual to join the team as the Grants Manager. The Grants Manager serves as a member of the Institutional Giving team and participates in fundraising and stewardship of foundations, government, and corporate sources. Responsibilities include managing the grants and reports process for all institutional donors. In addition, the Grants Manager will be the primary team member responsible for writing, editing, and proofreading. The Grants Manager must be knowledgeable about the Orchestra’s annual and long-range funding needs and plays an important role in achieving these goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of nonprofit experience.
- At least one year of experience in proposal writing for foundation, corporate, and government grants.
- Flexibility to write from various points of view for a variety of audiences and applications.
- Able to communicate complex messages in simple terms.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently interact with all internal and external constituency groups.
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with fundraising software, especially Tessitura is highly desirable.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends as necessary.
- General knowledge of fundraising practices and knowledge of orchestral music is highly desirable.
Sales Associate, part time
The Cleveland Orchestra is looking for a dynamic and creative individual to join our team as a part-time Sales Associate in our upscale gift stores at Severance Hall and Blossom Music Center. Sales Associates are high visibility, high trust partners in the profitable operation of the gift stores. Associates assist with store displays, merchandising, marketing, inventory control, and designated financial management.
Position Requirements: High school diploma or GED with previous retail and/or merchandising experience required. The successful candidate will have superior customer service and communication skills, as well as computer and point of sale systems proficiency. A high degree of interest in orchestral music is strongly preferred.
We invite you to join our team as we prepare to celebrate our centennial season with one of the world’s greatest cultural institutions!