The Cleveland Orchestra is looking for dynamic, creative individuals with the skills, knowledge, and experience to join our staff and support one of the world’s finest orchestral institutions. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package as well as providing the exceptional opportunity for you to contribute your talents and expertise.
To apply for any position posted below, except as noted, please email your résumé and letter of application in PDF to HR@clevelandorchestra.com, or you can fill out the Employment Application Form and return it to us by email or mail.
We invite you to join our team as we prepare to celebrate our centennial season with one of the world’s greatest cultural institutions!
The Cleveland Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Open Staff Positions
The General Manager is a member of the Senior Staff leadership team and has overall responsibility for management of the orchestra, orchestra personnel, negotiations, operations, production, touring, media projects, Music Director scheduling, event and facilities management. She/he leads multiple initiatives and collaborates with department staff and various constituencies both internal and external to the institution. The General Manager leads the efforts to ensure that operational excellence is consistent with The Cleveland Orchestra’s level of artistic excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in music or a related field and 7-10 years of experience performing similar work in an orchestra required.
- Strong managerial skills are essential, including demonstrated leadership ability and productively reacting to and resolving emergency situations.
- Outstanding organizational skills with proven ability to work effectively in a timely manner.
- High attention to detail with strong affinity for numbers and the ability to effective prepare and manage departmental budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, along with the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Strong problem-solving skills combined with a collaborative approach.
- Ability to prioritize projects and handle many details under pressure.
- Demonstrate independent, mature judgment; convey a professional image and attitude.
- Possess above-average proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet packages, e-mail and other software programs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Sales Associate, part time
The Cleveland Orchestra is looking for a dynamic and creative individual to join our team as a part-time Sales Associate in our upscale gift stores at Severance Hall and Blossom Music Center. Sales Associates are high visibility, high trust partners in the profitable operation of the gift stores. Associates assist with store displays, merchandising, marketing, inventory control, and designated financial management.
Position Requirements: High school diploma or GED with previous retail and/or merchandising experience required. The successful candidate will have superior customer service and communication skills, as well as computer and point of sale systems proficiency. A high degree of interest in orchestral music is strongly preferred.