The Cleveland Orchestra is looking for dynamic, creative individuals with the skills, knowledge, and experience to join our staff and support one of the world’s finest orchestral institutions. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package as well as providing the exceptional opportunity for you to contribute your talents and expertise.
To apply for a position posted below, except as noted for specific a position, please email your resume and letter of application in Word format to HR@clevelandorchestra.com, or you can fill out the Employment Application Form and return it to us by email or mail.
The Cleveland Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Open Staff Positions
Inside Sales Representative (part time)
The Cleveland Orchestra is currently seeking a dedicated individual with a passion for music to join its Sales & Marketing department as an Inside Sales Representative. Reporting to the Group Sales Manager this individual is responsible for generating ticket sales revenue through telephone solicitation of current and potential patrons. The Inside Sales Representative will also collaborate with the Sales and Marketing team to provide exceptional customer service experiences for our guests at Severance Hall and Blossom Music Center.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements which include:
- High school diploma required; Associate’s Degree or higher preferred.
- Experience in telephone call center or sales/customer service field highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills required (both verbal and written communications). Ability to use telephone as form of primary communication.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends and some holidays. (key)
- Outstanding organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently.
- Proven drive and energetic approach to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Ability to effectively deal with people at all levels both within and outside of the organization.
- Ability to remain cool and calm during high-pressure situations and de-escalate difficult customer encounters if/when necessary.
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) an appreciation for classical music.
We offer an excellent salary and benefit packet in addition to the opportunity to work with a world-renowned Orchestra.